What is Imposter Syndrome?
Imposter Syndrome is a psychological phenomenon where people believe they are not intelligent enough to be at their job, and they feel like they are going to be "discovered". It is also called the impostor phenomenon. People who have this syndrome often feel like they are not qualified for their jobs, and that they will be found frauds by their colleagues or superiors. They may also feel that others think of them as being incompetent or silly.
Symptoms of Imposter Syndrome include:
- Feeling like you don't belong in your position or that you're incompetent
- Feeling like you're constantly searching for approval from others
- Believing that other people are more competent than you
- Constantly comparing yourself to others
How to Know if You Have Imposter Syndrome?
Imposter syndrome is a psychological phenomenon in which people are unable to internalize their accomplishments. They always believe that they are not good enough and will be found out any minute now.
Imposter syndrome is the feeling of being a fraud, the fear of being exposed as a fake, or the fear of not living up to expectations.
It is common among high-achieving individuals in any field, from CEOs, doctors, lawyers, and creatives to professors.
How to Overcome Imposter Syndrome?
The imposter can happen in any profession and to anyone, but it's especially common among people who are new. Things you can do to overcome this syndrome:
- Pay attention to your inner critic. Are you too severe on yourself? Be kind to yourself and remember that everybody makes mistakes. Replace your inner critic with self-compassion. Also, mistakes are a great opportunity to learn and grow.
- Now your worth and improve what you are good at. Discover more, go to workshops or classes to develop your capabilities, and develop new skills. This is a fantastic self-confidence boost.
- Learn to receive compliments, it is as simple as that! Not only will it show that you are confident as you will feel it. Just accept it!
- Use crystals to help you build confidence. Two outstanding crystals to improve self-confidence are Tiger eye and Citrine:
Tiger Eye is a protective stone, the stone brings out integrity and helps in accomplishing goals all while promoting clarity of intention. The stone also helps when resolving dilemmas and internal conflicts while providing you with balance and improving your self-confidence and self-worth.
Citrine is a powerful cleanser and an excellent regulator. The stone carries the power of the sun ensuring that it is warming, energizing, and highly creative. It is excellent at absorbing negative energy and is, therefore, an extremely protective stone. Citrine energies every level of life. The gem promotes joy in life all while getting rid of negative traits, and fears, and helps stop anger.